• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can I run my light/ferts plan by you guys

Only problem I've got now is working out how to get the C02 to that area.

better flow, just needs some playing around with filter output methods.

As your water report assuming you doing a 50% WC

you add

8ppm Mg
6ppm K
12ppm NO3
50ppm Ca
Your Ni looks OK too

;)

better flow, just needs some playing around with filter output methods.

As your water report assuming you doing a 50% WC

you add

8ppm Mg
6ppm K
12ppm NO3
50ppm Ca
Your Ni looks OK too

;)

At the moment I'm running a Fluval FX5 with a 40" spray bar across the back. The plan is to get a Oase 600 with skimmer lilly pipe glassware set so hopefully that will improve the circulation.

So I'm doing 75% WCs. Sometimes twice a week if not twice a week then 3 times in 2 weeks.

So as long as I'm ferting 8ppm Mg,
6ppm K, 12ppm NO3 and 50ppm Ca, then all should be ok?

@Zeus. Next question bud, how do I know the ppm that is in the fert? All I have is the label on the bottle to go from. Which just has percentages o_Oo_O

15868775364981027125992240577629.jpg

Next question bud, how do I know the ppm that is in the fert?

Simple maths
upload_2020-4-14_16-47-1.png

I've been working on a Fert calculator, so lots of features and worked the % mass form weight in ml per element/ion and from the recommended dose per litre got to the ppm per dose for each product. Wasn't rocket science.

Input your water report tank dimensions size of WC and it also calculates the ferts you have added in WC. setup dosing bottles size dose frequency etc, Go to 'Headshot wizard pick your fert regime or commercial product pick your salts and presto its all done you have you weight in grams to add to your dosing bottles, even tells you if you exceed the solubility of salt

Fert Calulator still beta ATM but it does the job ;)

Mark, why have you got the TNC lite. This is just micros only. You want the complete one with everything in it as you are using co2.

or did you decant a bigger complete bottle into the empty lite one? :)

@Zeus. Damn dude I bet that took a while to put that all together. I'll have to put all the inputs in when I'm doing a WC then as it asks for measurements from bottom of tank to water line before and during draining the water out.

@Siege yeah this was just a spare empty bottle I got from you guys when I bought the 5 litre bottle of complete

You can also just input the tank size and approximate the WC, but dimension work best OFC.
I did take a while but it was like a maths puzzle which I like, so enjoyed the challenge. Plus if folk use it it checks the maths so checks my ferts at the same time. Plus always good to help others at the same time. I am very pleased with the 'Headshot Wizard' and the 'Clone Wizard' is a delight. Any errors please give feedback or additions also. I do have PO4 to add to the water report as the OP was the first water report I've seen with PO4 in the tap water.

You can also just input the tank size and approximate the WC, but dimension work best OFC.
I did take a while but it was like a maths puzzle which I like, so enjoyed the challenge. Plus if folk use it it checks the maths so checks my ferts at the same time. Plus always good to help others at the same time. I am very pleased with the 'Headshot Wizard' and the 'Clone Wizard' is a delight. Any errors please give feedback or additions also. I do have PO4 to add to the water report as the OP was the first water report I've seen with PO4 in the tap water.
Ok bud. Plan to do WC end of the week so will try to put inputs in then. Will message you if I get stuck :thumbup:

Hi all,
I dont think it tells me what my water has
It is the average values, because the hardness and calcium values are pretty consistent through the year, your water is fully saturated with Ca++ and HCO3- ions.

Because the conductivity and NO3 values wobble about a bit it is likely to be a shallow aquifer source or blended water where all the sources are hard. This would be the type of water you get all over the South-Eat and East of England.

You can see that you also have some pesticide residues. <"Metaldehyde"> is from <"slug pellet" usage> (mainly used on Oil Seed Rape). <"Quinmerac"> and <"chlorapyralid"> are herbicides, also mainly from arable agriculture.

cheers Darrel

Back