• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can I use a old AIS lens with a Nikon D7000

ghostsword

Hi..

I got a number of Nikon lenses, use them with a old D70.

After seing the videos displaying at the UKAPS stand, I think that it may be time to upgrade my camera, only for the video, as the D70 does all I need in terms of photo.

However I got a very old 105mm AIS lens, manual focus. The lens is very challenging, but the pictures it produces are amazing.

Would it work with a Nikon D7000?

AIs lenses should work on Nikon D7000.
I use only old Nikon lenses for just about any photo or/and video, pre AI and AI. For video I found the old ones to be just the best of the best if you can get along with the MF.

Thanks..

Yes, I really like the lens, and as I shoot always in manual mode I am used to it.

Sometimes I get caught out by the white balance, but in raw mode with CS4 it is easy to correct.

What I was really impressed where the video that Edis did with his macro lens, that was impressive, otherwise I would not think of buying it, the D70 does all I need. :)

Wait for xmass when the D5200 price drops, I think it's a better choice than the D7000, most of the features are there + some goodies and 1080p 60p that's nice for a bit of slow mo especially when filming tanks.

ghostsword said:
Thanks..

Yes, I really like the lens, and as I shoot always in manual mode I am used to it.

Sometimes I get caught out by the white balance, but in raw mode with CS4 it is easy to correct.

What I was really impressed where the video that Edis did with his macro lens, that was impressive, otherwise I would not think of buying it, the D70 does all I need. :)

I use for video 50/2, 50/1.4 and 135/2.8. All of these are pre AI and single coated and there aren't many that can beat them on video considering the value of course.

What I like about the D7000 is the sealed body:
- Durable design: boasts tough, yet light, magnesium alloy top and rear covers, and environmentally-sealed joints that protect the camera from dust and moisture.

MP are good, at 24mp they are higher than 16mp, but I am ok currently with 7mp, so the 16mp is enough for me... but weather sealant is something that I would like to have.

Back