• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can it be ich?

confusedman

If anyone is very keen on helping they can read this thread Possible relapse (formely called "Urgent help please")
For the rest, i have a Molly (probably two) ill with something that seems to be itch.
Ive been treating it with eSHa Exit and eSHa 2000 mostly (please see attachment with dates) The bit in pink in a quarantine tank, the rest of it in the main tank.

From the 21st of march the most affected fish (Dart the black Molly) was kept on the quarantine tank. The 3rd of march decided to put it back in the main tank and on the 4th he started showing weird behaviour and showed the first white dots.
Was it a coincidence or was this related to going back to the main tank?
Since then the other Molly in the tank seems to be ill too

I have given more treatment than I should have so

1- I don't know if it is not ich so not the correct treatment (even if it seems to work)
2. if it is the correct treatment I guess i can't be using it again and again
3. why the other fish seem not be be affected now

After 3 days of Keshaexit in the main tank i don't know if send the mollys for another 3 days of it + esxha exit or if it would be better to leave them in the main tank and give it to everyone or try some different.

Im super lost.

Help please
20210409_200411.jpg

Attachments

• 1617994035258.png
    1617994035258.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 85
When treating for most diseases you must treat your entire tank and any tank the fish has been in. For ich specifically, its important to keep treating after the white spots are no longer visible, because it does not mean the parasite is gone yet. Keep in mind any equipment may reinfect the fish if there are still live parasites on it between the treatments. It is said that some fish may be asymptomatic carriers (not showing spots) while still having ich. So treat even your fine looking fish as infected.

Have you ruled out Epistylis?

Hi confusedman, did you try the methylene blue bath that miranda suggested in the other thread to try and determine if its saprolegnia.

Going off your chart and matching that against the esha exit dosage instructions they've already had one extended round of treatment and two standard doses.
I'd try the methylene blue test first before another round of exit.

3. why the other fish seem not be be affected now
'Ich', or White Spot, seems to be particularly attracted to Mollies, although it can infect most, if not all freshwater fish.
I don't know if Epistylis has the same preference.

Read up about the ich life cycle the treatment only works at a certain stage which is when they are in the water. You need to dose the main tank to kill it off from that tank. Some people raise the temperature to speed up the life cycle process to complete the treatment quicker.

Hi confusedman, did you try the methylene blue bath that miranda suggested in the other thread to try and determine if its saprolegnia.

Going off your chart and matching that against the esha exit dosage instructions they've already had one extended round of treatment and two standard doses.
I'd try the methylene blue test first before another round of exit.
I have ordered it now. As they other one seemed to work I didn't try it.
After two weeks in the quarantine tank I thought it would be gone. But It hadn't.

I just think its worth a try to rule it out confusedman, I've never personally used the methylene blue bath approach, but I trust mirandab's judgement.

Having given the main tank a total of 12 days worth of ich treatment in the last 30 days, I think you'd have been unlucky not to have caught the tomites (baby ich) when they are susceptible to said medication, although I accept this is possible.

There's also a chance that this could well be Epistylis.

Back