• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can someone help confirm id on an Anubias please?

Goodygumdrops

Hi there,I've just bought this plant as an Anubias Nana Petite,could anybody out there definitely confirm this?At the moment I just have photos,but once it arrives I can give leaf size etc.It's on a 4" long piece of bogwood,and has grown over the edges so that the total length of the plant is 8".Here it is (hopefully):
anubiasnanapetite.jpg

thanks,
Thorna.

I thought the petit variety was smaller than this. That looks like a normal Anubias nana to me. Others may have a better idea though.

Unles that is a super macro shot it defo isn't petite.

Anubias barteri leaves are 1-2 inches 'diameter', Barteri v Nana normally a little smaller and petite you are look at 10mm.

If the photo you have is of petite I would expect the wood and plant in that picture to be about 10cm across. I am guessing it is larger than that.

AC

Damn.Oh well,it's a lovely lush looking plant anyway and won't go wrong with two tanks to fill,looks like it could definitely be split too.
Guess I'll have to buy a petite from one of the sponsors and then I'll know what it looks like!Terrible this,bought an anubias at PAH on Sunday,no label,but it looks great tied onto my bogwood,all the better for this being my first real foray into aquarium plants.
Not my original intetion though,I had imagined that I would know what they all were,guess I got a bit ahead of myself and couldn't resist.
10cm?It must be absolutely tiny.

If you look behind the PHelferi and Crypt Parva you can just see some petite on the wood below the var Nana. This is an idea of size for you. I am guessing you have the larger leave above which is approx 1inch leaves.

righthelf.jpg

Same 2 plants in a previous scape. The petite is on the little rock just left of centre and some more just right of centre on another rock. The ver Nana is on top of the bogwood just to the left of centre:
FinalWood.jpg

AC

SuperColey1 said:
If the photo you have is of petite I would expect the wood and plant in that picture to be about 10cm across. I am guessing it is larger than that.

He did say the wood was 4 inches long. That's approximately equal to 10cm! If it is Petite it has good sized leaves and must have be grown submersed, but it looks smaller than the barteri nana I have.

Back