• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can you id my Cory?

Cro

I think it's a Schwartzi but the one in my LFS looks different. :?:

Please see the pictures below, they're not very good I'm afraid as my camera is a bit crap and my tank needs a clean. blush. :oops:

P1010007-1.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Thanks for the confirmations. My LFS obviously doesn't know what a Schwartzii looks like :oops: Although their description was a Super Schwartzii Corydoras. :?

'Super Schwartzi' is a different species described here. C.schwartzi has a shorter nose and is a slightly shorter species I believe. Your fish certainly seems to have a longer nose and taller dorsal spine like a 'Super Schwartzi' (C.sp. CW028) but I'd need a clearer side on view to be more certain. If it was sold as a 'Super Schwartzi' I guess it probably is.

Ed Seeley said:
'Super Schwartzi' is a different species described here. C.schwartzi has a shorter nose and is a slightly shorter species I believe. Your fish certainly seems to have a longer nose and taller dorsal spine like a 'Super Schwartzi' (C.sp. CW028) but I'd need a clearer side on view to be more certain. If it was sold as a 'Super Schwartzi' I guess it probably is.
Ahh that explains it then.

Mine looks exactly the same as Piemonsters (just that my camera is plain crap).

As soon as I saw the Super Schwartzi I knew it was different.

Back