• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

can you keep plants overnight

Nick16

hi, if i recieved an order of plants on a thurs or fri, can i store them untill the weekend before planting them, if so how do i do it? in a bucket or what? or is it not possible.
if there is a way how many days will they be fine for?

I would say they would be fine in a bucket overnight, although I would be a bit reluctant to keep them in there any longer. They probably would be fine though - if you did want to keep them in there longer then do a water change each day and maybe add a small amount of ferts or something, but even so I wouldn't keep them in there for long.

ok thanks, i might just plant them the night i get them. but i will have to strip down the tank soon then. fun fun :lol:

Hi,i float mine in the tank for up to a week some times and i find the plants adapt a lot better,regards john

I keep spare plants in a tub, light is only provided from the window nearby, water isnt heated and no ferts added. Just a simple bucket with water.

I've had moss and plants in there for months. I dont see why you can't do that for new plants too. Floating in your tank may be a better option for them though.

well if i put them in the tank, surely they will block out all the light for the other plants? i have an empty 4 footer, hmm, a bit of water in there, turn on the t8s, a small fluval 1+ to provide some movement, will that work ok?

Back