• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can you let me know all the online/mail order companies?

Jeremy

Expert
I am going to be reviewing mail order/online plant suppliers and want to know if I am missing anyone major out?

So far I have Java, Greenline, Plants Alive, Aquarium Gardening, Aquatics direct and Tropical Aquarium Plants, only their website, nor their phone is working.

If there are any others please let me know.

In the meantime I will keep on Googling.

Cheers.

Is it just me or not, but I find that comparing company's like greenline who grow in house with people who simply redistribute tropica plants unfair? the tropica plants say, 9-10 times will win in terms of quality the thing you judging is simply how well they arrive unless your planning on sticking them in different category's?
Also, It's probably best not to mention your from PFK i've been sent awful stuff by plants alive and some of it wasn't even the right plant yet I seem to remember them telling me they where recommended by PFK when I called to order.

yeah same here. I was in constant contact with them prior to them sending my plants caused I have to alter my order. when the plant came through, they simply attach a note saying the plant I wanted was out of stock and sent me some replacement plant that doesn't even seemed to fit in my scape.... Sent them emails after receiving the plant but so far haven't got any reply back.....totally blow 10 quid there for nothing

I ordered HM and HC and E tennelus and some moss.
Received MU Java sword, both in a very sorry state and a sealed bag of mush. No HC, yet still charged for it.
Didn't reply to one email, didn't answer the phone. gave up. about £20 down.

It is undercover.

I have already received plants from plants alive and will publish my findings.

No supplier is recommended by PFK

Plants Alive pay to advertise in the mag, but the fact that they are in it does not make them recommended.

I am only comparing like for like, so will not compare a danish potted plant with a Singapore bunch or anything like that.

I also take cost into consideration, speed of service, cost of postage, how good the list is, how good the website is, labelling, planting guides, species selection, out of stocks, misidentified plants and more.

I have used these recently, Jeremy. They do some nice, unusual stuff. I recently ordered some narrow leaf Java fern and petite Anubias barteri. The amounts were quite small, but they got caught up in the Christmas post and sat in my local Post Office for about a week. They still looked relatively healthy when I finally got to pick them up.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AquaticMagic_A ... idZ2QQtZkm

Dave.

I've used AquaticMagic once and my order didn't arrive for ages, and when it did it was all dead (3x weeping moss). When I emailed them they said they would send me a replacement. When it arrived, not only was it only one lot of moss, but it was Java, not weeping :( Gave up after that

Tom

I will question whether Dartford do send Tropica plants, they say they do, but mine were not in Tropica pots, no Tropica plastic label. E-mailed Tropica for advice and they said Tropica plants only come in Tropica pots with labels, if they don't they are not Tropica. I have not ordered from Birstall yet, but their e-mail and phone advice/help has been superb, I would use them in the future next time I am ordering Tropica plants.

Tom said:
I've used AquaticMagic once and my order didn't arrive for ages, and when it did it was all dead (3x weeping moss).
My Narrow Java fern was 11 days in the post from Malaysia pressed flat in a zip lock plastic bag in an ordinary paper envelope. Its growing but regular readers know the trouble I had getting it going. They did send a generous portion, 20 leaves as promised mind you.

I've just ordered a huge order of them, £50 worth of plant's I hope to god it arrives in a decent condition :bored:

Back