• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can you recommend a good red plant

andy

200 L tank (48 x 18 x 15). 3 x 40w tubes, will have a coarse sand substrate with aquatic soil (or JI 2) underneath, tap water with slightly alkaline pH (7.5 ish), tetra CO2 (2 units of the tetra CO2 in a can but will be upgraded to CO2 injection).

I am revamping my aquarium and i am currently working out the planting scheme and would like to grow a red leaved plant as a bit of a contrast against the many greens i will have. I have tried Rotala macranda with no luck in the past and Rotala indica just goes mad...although i do like it.

I've thought about one of the Alternanthera species...possibly Reineckii ?. they would be planted in groups as opposed to bunches.

Do you have any opinions on this or would like to recommend another red(ish) leaved plant for my conditions.

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Rotala rotundifolia and Ludwigia arcuata. I really liked Greenline`s R. rotundifolia, but they have stopped trading.

Dave.

Back