• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cannot dissolve Flubendanzole

Cherries

Hiya!

For a long time I have tried to dissolve the Flubendanzole treatment but still no luck.

This time I have tried with boiled water and shaking it for 1 min. how it says in the instructions.. No luck again.

I have added it to my tank even if not dissolved.
Doesn't seem to help.

Is that for planaria or a worm of some kind?
My mixture was really cloudy when I mixed it if that helps.

Last edited:
Hiya!

For a long time I have tried to dissolve the Flubendanzole treatment but still no luck.

This time I have tried with boiled water and shaking it for 1 min. how it says in the instructions.. No luck again.

I have added it to my tank even if not dissolved.
Doesn't seem to help.
How does it come, tablet, powder etc? It needs to be dissolved for it to work. Maybe try in a small about of hot water, working it into a paste, if in powder, or crush if a tablet form. Maybe a spoon, like a motar and pestle.

I used the cheap tablets you need to crush, and did end up with a bit of wormer ‘snow’ - but it did dissolve over the course of a couple of days. Hydra went and shrimp were fine.

Is that for planaria or a worm of some kind?
My mixture was really cloudy when I mixed it if that helps.
For deworming my fish.
How does it come, tablet, powder etc? It needs to be dissolved for it to work. Maybe try in a small about of hot water, working it into a paste, if in powder, or crush if a tablet form. Maybe a spoon, like a motar and pestle.
It's a powder.

I am very frustrated! I recently got some vodka and I started doing everything today, I got some Aquarian Tap Safe and put all my fish in my 15L plastic box and started dissolving the medication.

What's more frustrating is that some got dissolved but most didn't! So I have tried warming it up, nope, tried mixing it in a little cap from Artemiss in a bucket with hot water, still not.

There is no need to get it to 100% dissolve. I dissolve it as best I can in lukewarm water, pour the resulting mix in the tank, and wait. It even appears to float on the surface for a time. Eventually (over a period of 24h or so) it dissolves due to the water movement caused by the filter- but even then some of it will "snow" onto the substrate, because it's not terribly water-soluble.

I'm not sure why you removed the fish from the tank, but you might need to drop an airstone in the plastic box so there is some water movement, also because this med will decrease the amount of oxygen in the water.

Personally I have not found flubenzadole to be effective at all for worming fish- its only recognised freshwater aquatic application is for killing planaria and hydra in a tank- but I don't know the whole history of why you think your fish need worming and why you chose this particular med.

The first time I have done it as you said it didn't work, I was told it needs to be fully dissolved to work.
but I don't know the whole history of why you think your fish need worming and why you chose this particular med.
Ya, I get this a lot. My fish have worms, that's why. Stringy white poop. And they also have gillflukes.

The first time I have done it as you said it didn't work, I was told it needs to be fully dissolved to work.

I would suspect that the reason it didn't work is because it's simply not a very effective wormer. It is not water soluble, and you will likely never manage to fully dissolve it, but it would not become more effective if you did. My choice for worming fish is Praziquantel.

I have used vodka this time as I have been advised. I really don't know what to do, I'm losing fish one by one and I'm tight on money and Flubendanzole.

I have used vodka this time as I have been advised. I really don't know what to do, I'm losing fish one by one and I'm tight on money and Flubendanzole.

I can relate to being tight on money. Sadly, the worms don't know or care about your financial situation. They won't respond to an ineffective treatment simply because you can't afford an effective treatment.

Can you not pick up something like NT Labs NT480, or another one designed for aquatic use.

I know you said money is tight, but you can pick up most for them for £5-6.

Can you not pick up something like NT Labs NT480, or another one designed for aquatic use.

I know you said money is tight, but you can pick up most for them for £5-6.
My mum even has problem to get something for me even if it's cheap. I will see though, my local lfs sells. But are you sure the NT one will work 100%? I am very desperate to help and save my fish. Can you post a picture of it too please?

I read reviews of NT one on Amazon and I must say, I'm quite amazed. I'll see if I can pick it up as my mum is home and we're going to a Greek restaurant tomorrow.

Back