• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cannot get co2 tubing onto beetle counter

Deano3

Hi can anyone help, i am struggling to get my co2 tubing onto the beetle counter, seems to be same size and even with vasoline on and heating with boiling water from kettle still not enough thinking about heating with lighter slightly but i know it will weaken pipe, any ideas ?

Thanks Dean

bad news just broke the beetle counter :arghh: size was no were near but thats what you get for buying cheap china equipment, is there anyway to get setup without a bubble counter, maybe put pipe into tank and then once right speed just plug into diffuser ? just so can flood and get running, going to order upaqua inline diffuser tonight

Thanks dean

tried that mat the beetle counter glass was slightly bigger than the hose so didnt have much chance but going to order a inline one anyway as they are so highly recomended by many do you think i could do what i said just to get flooded tonight ?

bad news just broke the beetle counter :arghh: size was no were near but thats what you get for buying cheap china equipment, is there anyway to get setup without a bubble counter, maybe put pipe into tank and then once right speed just plug into diffuser ? just so can flood and get running, going to order upaqua inline diffuser tonight

Thanks dean
Hi Dean,
just set it up, diffuser attached just miss out the bubble counter for now, It's not essential, just a guide. You have no livestock in your tank, and the more co2 the plants get the better. You can order/buy another bubble counter and fit it later just by cutting a section of your co2 line, this way it gives you an indication of bubble rate for reference. Your drop checker (if you have one) will guide you as to how much co2 your introducing, and then you can judge how much you need to adjust down for the introduction of fish/shrimp.
Like I say though, you can't add too much co2 for your plants, fish are the limiting factor :)
Cheerio,
Ady,

Thanks ady, i am going to get flooded now then, just ordered a up inline diffuser now so will be here in next few days mate, can i ask quick question how often should i preform water changes at first with the co2 ?

Thanks dean

Thanks ady, i am going to get flooded now then, just ordered a up inline diffuser now so will be here in next few days mate, can i ask quick question how often should i preform water changes at first with the co2 ?

Thanks dean
The more you do the better. 50% per day for the 1st week, every other day for the 2nd week, 3rd day for the third week and then down to one 50% per week as part of a normal routine. This keeps organic waste low and the water clean to give the plants the best start.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks for that mate will do that

Dean

Thanks dean

Use Soft flex Co2 tubing on glass bubble counters and diffusers.
Cheers
hoggie

Back