• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Canon 5D not working after getting cold

Tom

Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help with this, but I thought I'd post up anyway :(

I took my 5D out to take some snowy shots for the mother yesterday morning, and after firing off around 5 shots it died. I haven't been able to turn it on since. The temperature was -7 or so, but my Yashica Mat 124g twin lens jobbie handled it fine - admittedly though, the only electric part there is the light meter, but it seemed to be fine!

I've checked and recharged/replaced all batteries including the little watch battery that keeps the time, and it's still dead. Memory card is also fine, and I've cleaned all the contacts. I didn't drop it or get it wet/snowy, and there's no condensation anywhere that I can see. Any suggestions before I send it back to Canon yet again?

Cheers,
Tom

Its a long shot but maybe check that the battery cover is tight enough to push the battery onto the contacts. My D200 did a similar thing and turned out it just wasnt contacting properly - a slip of card between the battery and door to push it onto the contacts did the trick.

Back