• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

capping off jbl substrate

Mark Evans

Expert
i'm to use jbl plus substrate in my MA scape.now i was going to use AS to cap it off but it wouldnt be right because MA dont sell AS.

as the title suggests what's best to cap off jbl substrate? i'm growing HC and grasses so this should be taken into consideration.

thanks.

mark

I'm nor familiar with this substrate Mark but can't you just use some sand or a fine gravel? I find sand anchors my HC and hairgrass well.

Ed Seeley said:
I'm nor familiar with this substrate Mark but can't you just use some sand or a fine gravel? I find sand anchors my HC and hairgrass well.

aquabasis plus from jbl.

how thick is your sand topping ed?

saintly said:
Ed Seeley said:

aquabasis plus from jbl.

how thick is your sand topping ed?

I've got about 1.5" of sand on top of Tetraplant Complete at the front of one tank and a 2" layer at the front of another tank. It's BD Aquarium sand which I use in all my tanks.

Back