Carbo Plus electronic co2 producer??

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by tko187, 30 Jun 2008.

1. tko187

tko187 Member

Was wondering if any one can advise on one of these things, do they work?? Carbon Dioxide Supply without Gas Bottles

The Zac Carbo Plus consists of an electronic controller which is fitted outside of the aquarium, and a Stainless Steel and Carbon Sandwich which sits in the water.

Carboplus.jpg

And also went o lfs today to buy a c02 kit, didnt have any jbl, can anyone rate the following never bought cos i wasnt sure!

1 Ferplast
    2 Hydor green nr6
    3 Aqua medic
    4 red sea

Also do any of the tablet form co2 systems work?

Thank you.

2. milla

milla Member

Carbo plus - don't waste your money.

3. tko187

tko187 Member

ok thanks.

4. Matt Holbrook-Bull

Matt Holbrook-Bull Founder

buy online, itll greatly increase your choice of kits and make it alot cheaper. But you could go with just a reg and a fire extinguisher, which is probably preferable depending on how big your tank is.

5. tko187

tko187 Member

Hi thanks, My tank is 180ltrs, i take it all other forms of co2 are out the question, ie teblets, yeast?? does really smell like baby sick?? or what about just easy carbo and tpn+ would that not work? thanks.

6. Matt Holbrook-Bull

Matt Holbrook-Bull Founder

depends on how techy you want your tank, which depends on how much light you have over it. Any reasonable amount of light and youre going to struggle to get enough CO2 in there without proper injection. Unfortunately in this hobby, there are no short cuts.

7. tko187

tko187 Member

Thats what i wanted to know, thanks , i feel better now i now i only have 1 option. Go hard or go home!!