• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cardamine lyrata

Ajm200

Hi,

Looking for advice regarding Cardamine lyrata please. I'm thinking about adding it to my tank.

I have 108w HO T5 over a 500l tank
I dose EI and 10ml easycarbo per day

Tropical says it is easy but has medium co2 requirements.

Will it grow under low light and tolerate easy carbo?

Thanks

Yep, you can grow Cardamine in quite low light.......but it will be very leggy.
It needs some added CO2, to unfold full potential - and then it will present itself like a vertical version of Hydrocotyle tripartita.

'flow grow' What what a great website! Thank you green finger2. I'll be using this for referencing from now on

It also seem to grow smaller leaves at higher temperatures. :) As flow grow says it like cold water..

I have Cardamine lyrata growing in a tank at work. I started it off growing up from the substrate, but as other plants encroached and over shadowed the lower growth it became more straggly lower down until it natural broke away. I thought about moving it to another part of the small 85ltr aquarium but never got round to it. It now grows beutifuly as a sort of surface mat out from one corner. I'd agree with Mick.dk. I've found that it does better with out a bit of CO2 and dosing, otherwise it's growth slows and the leaves become thin pale and translucent.

Back