• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

caribsea eco complete

billko

Hi Folks,
I,m upgrading my vision 180 to an osaka 260,and at the moment use tetra complete with sand on top and have had good results,
When i change over to the new tank,getting the sand out first, then the tetra substrate will be a problem so was going to get caribsea eco complete for the new tank as you can use it on it,s own,
How good is this substrate and although my tank is mainly for Discus,i have alot of cory,s will they be ok in this substrate?
Billy,,

Hi,
take a look at my journal pics,those plants are in eco-complete,have been going for nearly two years,

regards john.

ps it john 450ltr journal.

Cheers for the replies,,,,
I checked out your journal pics John,,,tank looks great,,,,
Billy,,,,

Hi,

i have really only ever used it on my tanks, other then the new Dennerle nano i have which uses it own brand dual layer substrate.

I like it but it can be a bit variable in grain size form bag to bag and i've heard of people getting duff bags.

Does have many plus sides to it, especially the "straight out of the bag to tank" use. ie you dont need to wash it before use, actually it takes away some of the goodness if you do.

John

Back