• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Caridina Dreaming - Shrimpy Update

I am happy with the right side but cannot decide on the left side, create tension or flow? please let me know your preference or comment if you have a better idea :thumbup:
Obviously i reserve the right to completely change my mind tomorrow and start from scratch :lol:

4RS3R1p.jpg

96JbSCq.jpg

L1FQBoN.jpg

0Pe3EqW.jpg

TcAS5yk.jpg

jjjrjxg.jpg

OIosCNE.jpg

B.U.T

we’ve not discussed (!) plant options/ideas o_O

How can I possibly choose :eek:

First
- strongly vote for versions where the L side is more open, this creates more asymmetry which I always prefer

Have you also been looking at access - which comes back to plant details of course
Or will you follow Jurijs Green Aqua Diorama 60P ;)

Last edited:
I vote for removing that left piece completely, take the whole hardscape a bit more to the front and let some place for background plants in the back :)

Dome shaped stems would look cool, adding details on the front too

I vote for removing that left piece completely, take the whole hardscape a bit more to the front and let some place for background plants in the back :)

Dome shaped stems would look cool, adding details on the front too
I will be bringing the rock forward a touch, but the wood is almost touching the front glass already so I am restricted somewhat. I have some Rotala Orange Juice on order for the background already :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Its 1 for me
1 & 3 are pretty much the same and that is how I have left it since taking the photos and I have not felt the urge to change it. If I still feel the same by Sunday I think I will start gluing it in place :)

I will be bringing the rock forward a touch, but the wood is almost touching the front glass already so I am restricted somewhat. I have some Rotala Orange Juice on order for the background already :)

Ha sorry, it looks far from the front glass on the pic ;)

Curious to see how this orange juice differs from the others coloured rotala sp, nice choice

OK this where we are now, i have changed the angle of the large rock slightly and brought some of the small ones forward a touch. I am happy with the wood now and the next job is to start gluing it in place.

g9qfR7f.jpg

LaTGaJw.jpg

cQfsXTg.jpg

AsoT0bw.jpg

The Hardscape is now glued in place using cigarette filters and superglue, i have added some detail rocks and the rest of the substrate. I will start to prepare the hardware this week in readiness for the plants :)
Thanks you to you guys for your input :thumbup:

stU5Sjc.jpg

Looks good, not managed to log in for a while, but I think you chose right... :)

Planting plans?

Thanks Matt, All the plants have been collected from @Aquarium Gardens today and will be going in tomorrow, i will post a full list and photos then. :)

Finally time to plant! :thumbup:

I have a nice selection from @Aquarium Gardens and a load of cuttings from the 90cm, that should keep me busy today while keeping one eye on the Rugby.

3ifohXN.jpg

5gi1NEo.jpg

Will post some progress shots and a full plant list later, anything left over will probably end up in my big Wabi bowl ;)

Finally planted :thumbup: just need to add water and set the filter up, once the dust has settled i will get some more photos.

Full Plant List
Marsilea Crenata Tissue Culture
Alternanthera Reineckii ''Mini' Tissue Culture
Staurogyne Repens Tissue Culture
Rotala Orange Juice
Ludwigia sp. mini super red
Bolbitis heteroclita ‘Difformis’ Limited Edition
ANUBIAS NANA BONSAI
Bucephalandra sp. Lamandau Mini Red
Bucephalandra Theia
Sagittaria subulata
Hygrophila pinnatifida (from other tank)
Javafern Windelov (from other tank)

NdVHoHn.jpg

imvHdho.jpg

Back