• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Carnivorous plants

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Gorgious plants!! Most intriguing plant sp. ever.. :) Not yet fully there, do you know it's color? White or Lila?..

I've got an Utricularia flowering at the time. :)
DSC_0743.jpg

And it;s bigger sister is about to, should become a white flower.
DSC_0744.jpg

Not yet fully there, do you know it's color? White or Lila?..
Not yet, I will post a pic when it flowers, I've just noticed a couple of other flower spikes starting to shoot as well.
The flowers on your Utricularia are beautiful.

Isn’t month s bought a fly trap and it died
Only gave it RO water so I’m going to get something else but it will be whatever the garden centres have
Love to get other types as I think they are so interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bought a fly trap and it died
Check out IKEA its where I got mine from, and it's flowered and still going strong. I use rainwater and maybe once a month or less tank water as a very light feed.

31468232177_a105e45a2e_b.jpg

45904334374_f42c525c4f_b.jpg

40042920043_9889aa6f7e_b.jpg

Not yet, I will post a pic when it flowers, I've just noticed a couple of other flower spikes starting to shoot as well.
Awsome can't wait to see.. :)

The flowers on your Utricularia are beautiful.
It does surpisingly good on the window sil.. I didn't expect that, but it rewards me with a lot of flowers. Funny is the actual plant itself is so tiny it is barely indistinguishable from the mosses surounding it. It resambles UG,but maybe 5 times smaller. :)

The tiny grass like leaves few mm long, the moss sporecaps look like giants in comparance.
DSC_0746.jpg

:)

Funny is the actual plant itself is so tiny it is barely indistinguishable from the mosses surounding it
It's a lovely little plant.
It does surpisingly good on the window sil..
Snap, my sundew normally lives on a window sill too and has gone from strength to strength.

Yes it's an IKEA JANSJÖ LED work lamp... Some folk reckon its colour temp is a little on the warm side but I think it's fine and perfect for Wabi-Kusa as well.

I have a few spare ones floating about the house that I could use
We live in an Ikea house as it’s just a few miles away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I'd share a pic or two of my Drosera or Sundew. @Iain Sutherland kindly gave me a few plants that have since grown and started to flower.
Very healthy looking! I love Drosera and have plants to grow many more from seed. I don't actually have any regular D.capensis, but my D.capensis "Giant" has just started o flower at the same time as yours (I've attached some pictures below). Mine is 5 years old started from seed and is in a North-facing windowsill "bog" (just a Tupperware tub filled with sphagnum peat moss, sand and topped with live sphagnum). You cant see in the pictures, but it is actually a 4-inch long, kinda woody stem, lying on its side - unlike the D.regia which dominates the tub they share, which has harder, woody, upright stems. It's also shares the tub with some self-seeded D.capensis "Alba", some tiny self-seeded D.tokaiensis and some (again, self-seeded) Utricularia bisquamata.

If you ever fancy growing more from seed-its super easy (just a bit slow) and you should as thousands of seeds from that plant this year :D.

Awsome can't wait to see.. :)
It does surpisingly good on the window sil.. I didn't expect that, but it rewards me with a lot of flowers. Funny is the actual plant itself is so tiny it is barely indistinguishable from the mosses surounding it. It resambles UG,but maybe 5 times smaller. :)
The tiny grass like leaves few mm long, the moss sporecaps look like giants in comparance.[/ATTACH]
:)
Your Utricularia are beautiful! The flowering one looks like U.bisquamata? Mine hasnt flowered in a couple of years, I think because it has been overgrown by various mosses. I think I'll have to pull some out and plant it in a separate pot soon, I want flowers again! Otherwise it's pretty much an invisible plant :lol:.

Windowsill pics taken with Helios 44M(I really shouldn't have still been awake for sunrise yesterday lol...):
xWM5Cra.jpg

RbqncE7.jpg

EZ5G3cq.jpg

EOvHPGr.jpg

6TlpZVZ.jpg

Back