• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cat safe aquascape?

James Burcham

So I am struggling with the idea that I might have to have a lid made for my scape:meh:

Does anyone know if the scape water would be harmful if my cat got into it or if he would contaminate the tank?

20190312_190442.jpg

Guess it depends on how much of him got in to it
And no it won't harm him my ragdoll used to drink out of the tank instead of a stupid water fountain we brought him
Cheers
Jay

My cat has never shown any interest in other animals at all, let alone the fish. People still think she's a kitten, but she chases everything away including fully grown foxes. I'll like to see what she would do if the fox stood it's ground. Having said that, she's pretty tough. Bitten by a dog, run over by a moped and a car and she still thinks she's the bees knees. I'm glad we had good pet insurance.
Cat's aye, you gotta love em!

Here's the little scamp.
IMG_6103.jpg

I'm was and am surrounded by cats the biggest part of my life. And from childhood till today always playing with water parties, aqauriums, ponds, tubs, outdoor and indoor.

If you give Cats access to biological active water they will absolutely ignore tap water and drink only form the biological active source. Never experienced any ill effect, not on the cats and not on the fish in the open top tanks they drink from. :)

Rather and better to feed your cat aqurium water than Cows Milk. Cows milk can have negative effect on the cats kidneys.. Anything cow related in general, beef meat. can cause bladder stones in cats that again can cause kidney failure.

Hi all, @Edvet didn't say, but he is fairly well placed to comment because he really is a vet.

cheers Darrel

Took me a while to figur that out till somebody mentioned it.. With his Nickname and because he's also Dutch.. In the beginning i though are you kidding, Fat Ed? Or does he own a snackbar? Because Vet is Fat in Dutch.. It never dawned to me beeing on a British forum and it stands for Veterinarian.. :rolleyes: Duh?..:lol:

Back