• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Celebrating!

Robert F Porter

Seedling
I am posting a photo of my new 40 L tank which I am using to reacquaint myself with the rigours of the hobby after a thirty year absence. This tank has a story behind it because I was in the middle of fish-in cycling when it became clear the filter was sub-standard and I had to swop it out for a new Fluval U2 so necessitating starting the cycling process from scratch (with zebra danios in the tank, or course!). After a month of daily water changes I was rewarded yesterday (and today) with ammonia and nitrite levels of 0ppm, so hopefully cycling is now complete. I went for a heavily planted low-tech solution. The planting has no species or regional coherence, but I went instead for all my favourite aquatic plants -
IMG_0558.jpg
Cabomba may be nothing special, but I love it! Nothing wrong with that! Hope you like it! (please forgive the spot of algae in the bottom left hand corner!). I'll post another photo when I have fully stocked my tank in a few weeks' time (minus the spot of algae!).

Back