• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Celestial Glade - 125Ltr Low Light, Low Maintenance

Finished the glass quite quickly and waiting for some internet legal advice on the claim so I took some pics.

I'm turning into Saintly picwise these days. Just without the quality. lol

Forgive the pinkish hue. I didn't bother turning the other tube on for these.

This is a close up so you can see some glue:
petiteglue.jpg

And to get a sense of scale against the 'medium' v Nana. the medium is smaller than the normal Barteri variety that I have been hacking at and selling on:
petiteabove.jpg

AC

Nice! It should look amazing when grown in. This has to be one of my favourite tanks of all time, I think it's looking at its best, although I'm sure the best is still to come! Jungle scapes rule.

Bad news whilst look in the tank waiting for the legal advice. Spotted a black cory dead :(

However spotted these:
eggs.jpg

Do these look like Cory eggs or Otos? Perfectly round, white in colour. They are about 2mm diameter so way too big for the microrasboras I think. Could the Corys that has died been laying and then couldn't get the rest of the eggs out hence the death? I would've expected more eggs from the corys or the Otos but after a thorough look around the tank these 3 are the only ones.

Anyone have any ideas?

AC

so you use good old super glue for the anubias? god thats gona save me some time!

hey andy, i think the cherries spawned....i saw a tinetiny one today, defo not one that you gave me :D . there shy lill buggers though. dont see them often, but there in there.

I would say they were Cory eggs, I've seen photos of hem before and they look exactly like that! I would put them in a breeding net with an airstone or they might get eaten. Try to raise them yourself!

I don't own a breeding net or an airstone :)

I may try clipping the little fishing net in there somehow.

AC

It's good that they're on a plant rather than on the tank wall, it means you can snip the leaf off and put the whole thing in the net so you don't damage the eggs trying to unstick them. If you can get a bit of rhizome with the leaf then even better as it will continue to grow in the net rather than dying off and risking infecting the eggs.

I've always read that white eggs are the fungused ones, otherwise they're amber coloured. Don't know if different fish have different coloured eggs though...like ducks... :oops: :lol:

corys eggs are apparently white. Not sure wether they are fertile or not. Still researching but then if I see nothing in 4-5 days then I will already know the answer. lol

AC

From the TFF FAQ
Fertile eggs will look quite beige in colour, and will develop a darker spot in the middle as hatching becomes near. Infertile eggs will look plain and white/translucent. The eggs should take about 3+ days to hatch, and when they hatch they will be absolutely tiny.

The eggs start off white when laid, whether fertilised or not. Over the next day or so, they change colour. Fertilised eggs become greyish. Unfertilised eggs stay white.

As usual there is so much conflicting info on the web. lol. I'll have to wait and see but they do have a visible dot in the centre of them!!!

Most of the info and pictures I have seen says Corys lay white eggs:
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/CatfishesPIX/Callichthyids/Eggs coryd.jpg

You posted after I had already cut the leaf off. I did however trim off some of the leaf. Hopefully won't do any harm as the 3 eggs and leaf are in a standard 3 inch 'catching' net and I have bent the handle so it forms a clip on the side :)

AC

The dot in the centre is a good sign.

Moving the leaf on its own is still better than moving the eggs on their own!

Brownie point on the ingenuity front for modifying a net. If you don't have an air stone then keep it near the flow (easier in a planted tank where we tend to over filter), it's just to keep the water moving.

Its pretty close to the Koralia (not in the output flow!!!) so the water should be pretty good moving through that are.

AC

I have 3 wrigglers :)

Gonna start feeding little amounts tomorrow. Hopefully they'll survive

AC

Congrats, I'll keep my fingers crossed for them. :D

In the words of the Foo Fighters:

At times like these....

....I wish I had a better camera and/or better camera skills. lol. Try singing it. It will fit into the song if you sing the words fast enough. :lol:

10.1mp but crap at anything as small as that.

They are transparent and probs already 1-2mm but you can't se them unless they are moving. It's like heat haze moving. lol

AC

saintly said:
hey andy, i think the cherries spawned....i saw a tinetiny one today, defo not one that you gave me :D . there shy lill buggers though. dont see them often, but there in there.

I would guess its the fish you have in there with them making them shy. Mine tend not to hide at all. May well be a shrimp predator in there. tetras/Ram etc?

AC

Just a quick update.

Tried to take proper photos here. lol. as you can see from this pic:
camera.jpg

I have been informed that the LEDs are actually running at approx 7.45W per series so this is a pic of my 33USG with approx 37W of LED above it!!! this is the first pic in this journal using the LED lights so you can see the difference by clicking backward a few pages ;)

fullfront-5.jpg

AC

Looking amazing, as always.

I know you're rescaping this, but I find the bit in the middle where u can see right through the stems quite distracting.

Back