• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Celestial Glade - 125Ltr Low Light, Low Maintenance

Thats the bit that annoys me too.

The ferns shade everything and it doesn't grow as quickly as the rest. Thinking of adding a load more Parva and Wedtii in there to 'complete' the fill.

AC

I've just ordered 25 x rasbora espei and therefore this journal will end in the next couple of days (prior to the arrival of the fish. lol)

I will take some pics before taking it down of course.

Fern fans should keep an eye on the for sale section as I shall be retaining only about 10% and selling the rest. The 10% will then be kept in a much tidier fashion in the new setup which I have yet to think of a name for.

I am all excited now

AC

Looking forward to it, Andy (both the journal and fern selling :lol:)

Rasbora Espei are nice fish, good choice.

Steve - Only the ferns are going I'm afraid. I'm putting everything else back in completely. Should be able to get a good fill with the amount that is in there including ones that haven't grown much due to the fern's shadows. lol

AC

Same plants, same hardscape with a few cobbles and pebbles thrown in for good measure. Still jungle but a little more controlled this time:

newaquascape4.jpg

AC

OK just to tidy this journal up and show some final shots of the scape.

This is how it looked at the finish:
cabinetcomplete.jpg

finalshotforums.jpg

And with the hardscape taken out:
Takedown1.jpg

The hardscape cleaned up:
hardscape.jpg

And the plants 'soaking' while I get sorted for the new scape:
Takedown3.jpg

Finally all I have to do is get the shrimp out:
takedown2.jpg

And then drain the substrate a little:
takedown4-1.jpg

Leaving me with this after a tidy up:
Substratesloped.jpg

This is how much I am taking onto the next scape all sorted. There was about the same amount that is not going onward and will be sold in the buy/sell/swap section:
plantsused.jpg

So onto the next scape which I have given the title 'Once upon a time at the riverbank' which can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5072

AC

Back