• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Celestial pearl danio

Haha, 100% agree.

I had a shoal of about a year or so ago and would spend hours trying to get decent pictures.

Got a nice collection of good photos with the entire fish in focus. I would post them but can't find them on any SD cards and they're not on my comp :mad:

What lens are you using? I found that wide apeture is a must otherwise the fish would dissapear into the rest of the photo.

awtong said:
Lovely photo George. Nice looking fish but saw them on Sunday at £18 for three :wideyed:

Andy

Blimey ! I was talking to my LFS about getting some and he can do them at £3.90 or 10 for £35.00 Hope nobody tells him about the prices some people charge, lol.

George, great photo. Your next task, should you choose to accept it, is to get all 15 in the same image :) I am impressed at the colouration on that fish, are they all like it ?

awtong said:
If you can get them at that price it sounds like a deal!

Andy

I may have to only get a few as I just put 11 cardinals in though, lol.

Great photo as always George. Lovely fish and enjoyed breeding them.
However as hotweldfire says, they stopped my sakura shrimp colony growing as it should.
Thus I promptly rehomed them. I will set up a CPD breeding project in the summer.

Definitely one of my favourite fish and that's a great photo, I've tried for ages to get a photo without them been blurry in it :)

Love CPDs, but these days I just can't justify the high price of them. Dug up an old photo I took back when I had a school (only have 1 very old one left these days). It's a bit grainy I'm afraid as I took it with an old Kodak point and shoot digital:-

TerracottaBlues_040-623-1024-1024-80.JPG

Ade

Love these little guys :) That's what my maidenhead voucher got spent on for christmas! Got them sharing with my guppies, which is an odd combination, but with the amount of planting in that tank they get on pretty well. I've seen courting behaviour, but a spawn is a little unlikely with the others there...I can hope though!

great characters. Little slow compared with my microdevario though! ;)

That photo seems to show them with much better colour than I have seen in shops recently. Just shows how nice fish can colour up once they are out of holding tanks and settled at home.

Andy

in the holding tanks they are very grey , with almost invisible spotting. The cheapest i have seen them is 4 pounds.

i also had a school of these in my last scape, they were brilliant little characters. These were a fiver each, my neighbour is now a proud owner of them. Very nice fish.

6813976039_b267468f97.jpg
cpd01 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

I have just arranged for some to be ordered for me. Wait for it.....

ONE POUND FIFTY EACH !!!!

Yes, £1.50

Back