• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

center brace for a rimless 48x12x15 38 gallon diy stand?

Herrwibi

So i'm wondering if i need to put a center brace in on my diy stand?

It works out to be around 38 gallons . I've seen a few people with tanks 55+ gallon and they dont have a center brace.

the king of diy, his tanks are around 120g? with the new stands he built there isn't any center brace and they are 4x2x2 i think.

What is your opinion?

Mine is around 50gal with a centre support. I figured I'd rather regret over engineering it because it's heavy than regret under engineering it because it wasn't up to the job.

Mine is around 50gal with a centre support. I figured I'd rather regret over engineering it because it's heavy than regret under engineering it because it wasn't up to the job.

I've kind of messed it up. everything is level although on one side the supports arent touching the top and bottom. there is a slight rock when i move it myself back and forth(side to side is fine). Other than that its all level, i know screws can hold alot of weight and i know its only 38 gallons. . what should i do remove the two support pieces and cut another one to size?

Back