• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ceramic diffuser kept leaking

kugmo89

Seedling
hi guys, i need help.
when i installed my CO2 yeast system to my ceramic diffuser, i could notice that water kept entering from the ceramic and now, the diffuser is fully filled with water..the CO2 just cant get out.. i checked the tube and the diffuser and it was fine, i mean, i couldnt see any damage or crack. do u experience this?.how am i suppose to stop it?...

kugmo89 said:
hi guys, i need help.
when i installed my CO2 yeast system to my ceramic diffuser, i could notice that water kept entering from the ceramic and now, the diffuser is fully filled with water..the CO2 just cant get out.. i checked the tube and the diffuser and it was fine, i mean, i couldnt see any damage or crack. do u experience this?.how am i suppose to stop it?...

There is no problem if the diffusor fills up with water, most do and mine does also, acts a little like a bubble counter too ;)

you'll need a bit of pressure to build up, when I used the diy method it could take 5 or 6 hours for the co2 to get through the diffuser. don't forget to check your joins for leaks (soapy water), as LD says it is normal for the water to enter the diffuser, it won't stop the co2 from getting through as long as you have a bit of pressure.

cheers

Chris

Ceramic is porous - water can get into the diffuser through the ceramic in the same way that the CO2 can get out into the tank.

I found my diffuser needed cleaning weekly and this was always a good time to shake the water out of it before putting back in the tank. You'll never keep it free of water unless I'm missing something - if yours doesn't pass any CO2 through, then either you're not creating enough pressure with the DIY method, or you're not producing any CO2 at all...I gave up with DIY as it just isn't reliable enough imho.

Back