• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Champions League Footie

Re: MANCHESTER UNITED 2-2 FC PORTO

gooners are goners yet again :( .another season without a trophy :arghh:.should be getting used to it by now :lol: .
neil

nelson said:
gooners are goners yet again :( .another season without a trophy :arghh:.should be getting used to it by now :lol: .
neil

YEh great aint it, come on you mancs,
john

john starkey said:
nelson said:
neil

YEh great aint it, come on you mancs,
john

hi john,
i didn't realise manchester was in worcestershire :?
neil

Hi neil season ticket sharer for thirty five, I go with the lads from Hereford,
Regards john

hi john,
was only joking.got to have a sense of humour following the gooners :lol: .
neil

To be honest when arsenal play well they can be very entertaining,regards john.

aaronnorth said:
we didnt play that well, we were just lucky Arsenal played worse than us :lol: :lol:
Arsenal were lucky at Old Trafford to start off and yesterday just showed why they are rated 4th in england, simply not good enough.

oh well chelsea.not good enough as well.can see why they are the small club of the big four.

Paulo - Not biased at all there? :lol:

Reading the live text on the BBC site sounds like the referee sent a Barca player off incorrectly and Didier kept falling over as usual. Maybe referees just cannot afford to risk giving penos when its DD because there is 99% chance it will be a dive when the replay is seen :lol: I liked these commentarys though:

2059: Yaya Toure and Didier Drogba start their wrestling about 15 yards outside the Barca area and Drogba powers into the area, falling down theatrically as Toure makes a fabulous tackle. Brilliant defending, but Drogba throws his arms disconsolately into the air anyway.

2105: Didier Drogba goes down (no, really) on the edge of the Barca box after a challenge with Gerard Pique, and they both need a little bit of treatment, but they are both fine.

2110: Didier Drogba is limping off the pitch, but I'm guessing he might be OK.

2113: Didier Drogba can't decide whether he's limping or not

Both semis ruined by poor refereeing decisions.

Its about time the powers that be started handing out suspensions from 'video evidence' otherwise the game will remain the cheat's paradise it is :)

I did predict a ManU v Barca final though. Pointless tournament being all English in the Semis and finals. Might as well call it the FA Cup but then they would all ignore it :lol:

AC

Wahey, Barca got there at last! At least we should be able to have an enjoyable final now - I recon Chelski v ManU would've been a bit of a stalemate bore.
I think it's about time Drogba was banned from football. And possibly put down for good measure.

Haha you guys make me laugh, obiously none of you saw the game, at least two clear penalties I spotted with hand balls inside the area, but the commentator said 5. Barcelona did not deserve to be in the final and were helped by UEFA once again that probably did not want so see an all english final. For UEFA and Michelle "Sh**head" Platinni it would not be good for the European game if Enlgish football start dominating too much, there is one only league worth watching at the moment and that is the Premiership.

exactly, they need to keep the interest there from other nations otherwise they would not sell as much merchandise etc. some poor decisions really. i think it was decided who would make the finals before the draw was made. Even arsenal should have had a penalty or two at old trafford a week ago.

Nick16 said:
Even arsenal should have had a penalty or two at old trafford a week ago.
Yep but Arsenal were very lucky to come away from Manchester with just a 1-0 loss, to be fair Arsenal did not play very well in any of their legs, Man U should have been eliminated in the previous round if not again for some bad refereeing decisions and also UEFA banning the Porto coach for something unheard off at 3PM the day before the second leg match!!

Sorry guys, but these conspiracy theories against english clubs are utter tush!
That red card was hardly clear cut - if the ref was a man on a mission Abidal would've just got a yellow, or a foul wouldn't even have been given. Down to 10 men is hardly helping Barcelona!

gratts said:
Sorry guys, but these conspiracy theories against english clubs are utter tush!
That red card was hardly clear cut - if the ref was a man on a mission Abidal would've just got a yellow, or a foul wouldn't even have been given. Down to 10 men is hardly helping Barcelona!
10 men doesn't always hinder a team from performing, sometimes they up their game to compensate for the loss of a man, and yes it was not a red card offense, but a penalty is almost a clear goal, while a sending off is not.

You arm chair supporters make me laugh I bet non of you ever go and see your teams play,at least I go to live games home and away,as for DDs behavour he should have been red carded,Chelsea can only blame themselves they had enough good chances to win it, poor finishing .regards john

Back