• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

changing tanks

soton_dave

if things all go according to plan i will hopefully be picking up my new tank tommorow :D
ideally i want to strip down my old tank tonight so was wondering if i empty all the water into a bin and rig up the filter and heater would the fish be ok in there over night 20 embers,4 otto's and 4 sae,i wouldnt want to put my shrimps in there as well so would they be ok in an un heated/filtered bucket?

anything else i should be aware of?i will be reducing the photo period untill i know the co2 is correct.

cheers dave

That sounds alright - your container, with filter and heater, will basically be a 'tank' that isn't made of glass. They'll be fine. Maybe put some wood/plants in it to break up the space/give hiding places etc? SAEs might become a bit aggressive towards each other in such a confined space.

What type of shrimps do you have? I had some baby cherry shrimp survive for over 24hrs in less than a centimetre of water, in a watering can (by accident! I didn't know they were there!). Cherries are quite hardy though...

Back