Cheap Aquasoil

Discussion in 'Where to buy ...' started by glenn, 15 Jun 2009.

1. glenn

glenn Member

just thought i would post this site incase any one is after cheap AS. it has the whole aquasoil range.-e.g. ADA aquasoil amozonia 9L for $28 - as a pose to £33! :wideyed: but i dont know how much the postage would be :)

2. TDI-line

TDI-line Member

Is there a link Glenn? :D

3. glenn

glenn Member

4. samc

samc Member

oh i dont think they ship to UK but might if you ask them

but i should say the shipping would be a killer from the US

5. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Shipping to the UK would be about the same price as a bag and then you would have to pay VAT when it passes through customs ;)

6. glenn

glenn Member

ahh ok...maby 'group shipping of Aquasoil to the uk' then along with that manzi :lol: :lol:

7. gratts

gratts Member

I seem to remember they refused to ship to the UK.

8. Egmel

Egmel Member

wonder if they'll ship to a hotel in the US? ;)

9. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

This is why we have UK distributors. ADA US will refuse to ship over here and put you in touch with the UK distributor. $28 with our currently weak pound isn't too far off UK prices anyway.... VAT or Import Tax is a bugger too, i got whacked for £107 extra when i imported the aquascaping tools, I could have bought them in the UK when you whack on the £170 odd for shipping :wideyed: and the weight of them wouldn't be too far off the weight of a couple of bags of AquaSoil, i thought i'd been had but the UPS receipt was provided. All in all, i've learned my lesson from importing!

10. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Only stuff I buy from the states is if its less than $35 that way there is no tax to pay for it. I learned the hard way too back in 1997 when I purchased 30 DVD from the States thinking it would have been much cheaper only to be slapped with the Custom fee on top and in the end worked out more expensive when you add shipping too lol

11. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

I'm going to try and get to this place in September! Not sure I'd get away with a few bags of AS in my luggage though :lol: It seems to be not too far from the little hotel I'm staying at conveniently!

Can't wait to visit the shop in person!

12. glenn

glenn Member

ahh good luck to ya getting it back...yeah enjoy the shop it looks brill :D

13. gratts

gratts Member

Don't mean to drag this away, but when posts are edited by mods, it'd be nice if there was either an editing comment at the bottom of the message saying who edited it and why, or if the mod PM'd. I don't really like messages 'silently' changing without explanation.
    Maybe that's just me :?

14. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

PM me what you think has been changed and we'll look into it. It is of course up to the Moderators, if they feel it's inappropriate then they don't have to give you a reason. If you've posted something deemed inappropriate then i don't really think you have the right to be upset about it, it shouldn't have been posted in the first place....

15. gratts

gratts Member

Eh, it's not worth the trouble for either of us really.
    It was just a comment about the UK being stuck with higher prices than US and elsewhere on ADA.
    I didn't think it was enough to be removed, but not to worry :)