• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheap CO2 reg - thoughts?

The guage I'm pretty sure measures the pressure in the CO2 bottle. Adding a needle valve to this regulator may be dangerous as you have no idea what the pressure is in the tubing/pipe between the reg and needle valve. I think that needle valves also have a max working pressure.

These sorts of regulator are best used as they are using the regulator knob to supply the required bubble rate. But as we all know this way can be unreliable. Best to get a dual guage regulator and needle valve.

James

Hi George,
I'm fundamentally opposed to single stage regulators., however calcium reactors do use low working pressures so it might be robust enough. I think the needle valves are more delicate and they might be damaged. I suppose it depends on their design though.

Cheers,

Doesn't say if it is for disposable or refillable.

Try this site for cheap regs. The single is cheaper than the one above at £22.99 and the dual is £28.99:

LINK TO CHEAP REGS

Andy

Excellent link, what else on top do I need to buy if I was to get a pressursied co2 system for one of my tanks?

Thanks
JOHNNY

my next regulator will probably be the dennerle regulator that's been newly redesigned, also has a very fine needle valve and I suppose that's what really counts here.

By all means get something cheaply as possible, but if there are no available options and you have to compromise safety it always best not to and stay safe.

I'll probably be getting the ADA regulator too (the one with the dial on it) just to try it out even though it's horrendously expensive

there are two: professional and exclusive. I think it's £20 the difference. The new exclusive regulator (whos's design I don't actually like) has a complete plastic mould all around it, this would make it impossible to take it apart and service it yourself (not that you would, and I've been through a few regulators as well), it costs about £100 but I'll be buying it for the needle valve that Dennerle claim is very accurate. The other regulator has the needle valve all metal, and considerable improvement on the previous one I must say. I'll be buying the spare needle valve for this regulator to test out, but all this in good time . . .

Back