• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cheap filter media?

dr zaius

i have an external fluval filter and am fed up of paying so much money for filter media, amy one know a cheap source or an alternative?!

I thought I was the only one here! haha

I spread myself between Maidenhead aquatics (St Albans) and the Koi Co. Although both don't really do decent plants\aquascape stuff so I head online for most stuff.

try plumbing centre for plastic drain pipe and cut to size and alfagrog is great and cheep to.

madlan said:

I spread myself between Maidenhead aquatics (St Albans) and the Koi Co. Although both don't really do decent plants\aquascape stuff so I head online for most stuff.

lol, i know, seems the only way to find good advise is on forums! The best plant website I found has a minimum order on it so annoying when only want a couple of plants! What tank have you got?

thanks to everyone else for responses

madlan said:

lol, i know, seems the only way to find good advise is on forums! The best plant website I found has a minimum order on it so annoying when only want a couple of plants! What tank have you got?

thanks to everyone else for responses

I was thinking about asking the local Pets @ Home if they can order in plants, I mean they all stock Tropica so must be a massive customer?

It's a Fluval 1200 - 323 litres:

img0099cg.jpg