• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheap fire extinguisher

Nope, the cylinder if anything would have caught a chill, my room gets cold.

Ceg, nothings really available my way, I guess I could ask welding and fabrication at college but how would they know if it's faulty or not?

They could just hook it up to a pressure source such as another bottle or other pneumatic supply and see if it can maintain the low stage pressure which ought to be somewhere between 1 and 3 PSI as you set the needle valve. If the side of the needle valve has failed and is still in a failed position the outlet pressure would be higher as shown on the low stage gauge. That's the only way it could have emptied and entire bottle of gas in a few hours. For example you set the needle valve 1/4 turn which should read maybe 1/2 PSI and instead it reads 5 PSI. It might even be that when you have the needle valve closed you still get a pressure reading. This means an internal leak as opposed to an external leak. You could do this yourself but you'd have to use another full bottle and monitor the gauge.

Cheers,

Back