• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheap HO T5 fluorescent tubes - Update with photos

I went for the osram 840 and 880 combination 2 of each

evening viewing is the 840.
full day is all 4 and produce a great visual result

durtydurty said:
I was runing this set up in my old tank - T5 Fluorescent Tube 54W 840 Osram 54 Watt and T5 Fluorescent Tube 54W 880 Skywhite Osram 54 Watt - and would like to know what would give me similar effect etc?

Thanks

There is nothing in the price range that will compare to Osram Skywhite 880 54W. I use on my tank two 880 and one Silvania Grolux and never seen better light for planted tank so far.

I used 4 x Osram 6500k, 1 x Grolux (unsure on K) and 1 x Narvia Biovital 5800k UV bulb in my ATI Sunpower - the overall look was really quite natural, if verging on a touch 'warm'.

All purchased from LampSpecs.

Anthony.

Afternoon,

Appologies for sounding like a complete lighting numpty, but will these tubes work on standard aquarium starter units? I've been looking at combining these tubes with the Hagen Twin starter units for my shrimp rack project but not sure if the tubes will fit the Hagen T5 connectors?

Thanks,

Mike.

Thanks Paulo - bit paranoid since i found out that Juwel hoods only take Juwel tubes [length specific].

Will get a thread started to show shrimp rack in development :)

Cheers

Mike

What do you think a pair of Osram 865's and a pair of 840's would look like? (Deep, lots of wood and moss) Can't get much else in the size I need (39W 849mm)

exellent thread good pics too.thankyou for taking the time to share this with all.:)

Great topic James!

If possible, i would like to ask one thing about this issue. I have an Hailea 2x39W T5HO for about a year now and i want to replace the 2 Sunshine bulbs (i believe its 10k each) for, probably, Sylvania Grolux and Osram lumilux 880 Skywhite.
Knowing that my light system is T5HO, i should try to find the mention bulbs in HO, right? Is there a problem to use "normal" T5 bulbs?

Thanks in advanced!

Brilliant well researched topic . Even though it's a few years old the products are still widely available and very current for these sorts of setup . Can't see LED moving into this market for a long time as the specific wavelengths are not yet as far as I know not yet catered for .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hi this is my first time setting up a planted thank and i was looking at your article.i really like the colour of the Osram Lumilux 880 Skywhite + Osram Lumilux 840 .i have a T8 set up if i got these 4 tubes would it be the same http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/s.nl?sc=3&whence= .my thank is 32inches long 17inches high and 11inces width. Any help would be great

thank you

thanks. this was very helpful. ordered with no doubts Skywhite and Sylvania Grolux.

thanks a mill

Great thread. This forum is awesome. Decided to join in. Decided to go for an osram 830 and an 865 as i couldn't find an 880. thanks!

This is a great post, serious money to be saved by understanding this

Back