• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheap HO T5 fluorescent tubes - Update with photos

I'm not sure that Lamp Specs website is such good value any more, definitely worth shopping around.

Just looking into T5 54w bulbs for my tank...

iQuatics official eBay shop have 'Buy 2 Get 1 Free' on the 54w T5 at £11.99 each (inc postage)
Lamp Specs T5 54W 880 Skywhite Osram at £10.59 each (+ £2.95 postage)

Great thread :clap:

was after some T5 to reduce shadows for plant growth to use with but not alongside my kessil 160 tunasuns and still get a decent blend of light.

Found this
upload_2016-12-13_18-55-9.png

useful for matching spectrum output too

965 match the kessils pretty good IMO

Kessil 160 spectrum

upload_2016-12-13_18-37-46-png.12236.png

Hi all
The T5 54W 880 Skywhite Osram seems to be discontinued does anybody know its predecessor :(

Regards.

Do you guys know if non-fluval HO tubes exist for their T5 quadruple fixture (39W 85cm actual tube size)? All I find on the net are Fluval's tubes, with Fluval's price tag...

This is an update to a thread I posted earlier about HO T5 tubes I brought from the Lamp Specs website. This is the thread - Cheap HO T5 fluorescent tubes. Since I posted the earlier thread I have also purchased some Grolux's.

Decided to have a bit of fun tonight and took some photo's of my tank with the various tubes to give everyone an idea to what the colours look like. I set the White Balance to sunshine which seemed to give me the most accurate representation of the tank colours to the photos. Please excuse my tank as it's in a state of change at the moment as I'm trying out various new plants and getting ready for a change.

These are the tubes I tested:
Osram Lumilux T5 840 Fluorescent Tube 54W
Osram Lumilux T5 880 Skywhite Fluorescent Tube 54W
Philips de Luxe Pro T5 965 Fluorescent Tube 54W - Known as Colour 96 on Lamp Specs website
Sylvania Grolux T5 54W

Now for the photos.

Philips de Luxe Pro 965
View attachment 82240

Osram Lumilux 840
View attachment 82241

Osram Lumilux 880 Skywhite
View attachment 82242

Sylvania Grolux
View attachment 82243

Osram Lumilux 880 Skywhite + Osram Lumilux 840
View attachment 82245

Sylvania Grolux + Philips de Luxe Pro 965
View attachment 82246

Sylvania Grolux + Osram Lumilux 880 Skywhite
View attachment 82247

Hopefully this will provide you enough info. Didn't want to do any more as the fish were getting a bit freaked out. The Grolux's by themselves look way too pink but mixed with either the 965's or 880's they look very good IMO. If you just look at the wood you can really see the difference between the various tubes. In natural sunshine I'd say the photo using the Grolux's and 880's is the closest match to the colour of the wood.

James
Thread Bump.

I am old school died in the wool Sylvania Gro Lux fan. I need to replace both 54 watt T5 1149mm Grolux Tubes on my Eheim Incpiria Tank. But the only place I can find them is at the Aquaristik Shop in Germany, for about £16.00 a tube plus £20.00 postage for two tubes.

Does anyone know a place in the UK you can still get these tubes? Also what is the alternative to the Osram 695's or 880's if they ate no longer available. Asking because I quite like the combination as per @JamesC 's pictures.

Great article by the way.

Thanks

Back