• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cheap substrate for a 48" tank

Thanks for the info.
I think I may just add a small amount of gravel just to add a different texture in there. Im thinking of having a sand bed in a small part of the tank (wonder where I got the inspiration for that?? ;) )
So I may have enough with the two bags. I generally dont move the plants too much apart from adding cuttings from the stem plants. I like to let the tank run its own path a little so I shouldn`t disturb the soil too much once everythings in. Ill keep that substrate in as long as I can so I think its time to do my first journal mayby :)
Ive ordered the Arcadia double t5 ballast to add 2more tubes under the hood of my Roma240 so lighting should be high enough!
Thanks for the advice guys

Well its been about a week now and everything is going fine. My vallis are putting out runners Ive clipped the camboda and replanted the stems. Everything is growing brilliantly. I hardly see any of the malysian snails as they`re constantly burrowing in the Akadama. When I replant/move things around a little I get little puffs of dust that appear but other than that I have no complaints about this substrate at all. The missus likes the natural look of it also!

John

Back