Cheap Tropica Plants

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by dave_m13, 11 Nov 2008.

1. dave_m13

dave_m13 Newly Registered

Hi All

I have already posted in the Where to buy in Midlands but as it does not have a subject thought i'd let you know that Dobbies Garden World in Atherstone, Warwickshire off A5 sell Tropica Plants, quite a decent selection and at the moment are only £1.50 a pot, usually only £3 or 3 for £8.

Found it by mistake during the summer when I took my kids to some nature trail thing that is also located at the same place as the Garden centre. Anyway I was really impressed with the Aquatic part. Garden centre is quite good, if your other half does not like fish as mine does, so they can wonder round whilst you look at fish dept.

Thanks
    Dave

2. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Bargain!!! Thanks Dave. Now just have to work out how I can organise a trip to Atherstone without my wife knowing...

Sam

3. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

This place isn't too far away from me. I've been once but didn't really get a chance to look around properly, as I was with my nephew and family checking out the nature trails and mazes etc.

Might be a good excuse to use Sam, they've got a really nice nature centre there ;)

4. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

That's whats Ive heard, Steve. I could also time it with seeing the migratory birds that often congregate there in the late autumn ;)

Sam

5. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

There is a Dobbies near me (barlborough) perhaps they have the same deal on? Last time i went i noticed they stocked Glossostigma Elatinoides and i know that tropica re the main suppliers of it. Shame i dont need any plants :lol: