• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheapest place online to buy Amano shrimp?

RickB

So there is only 1 pet store that sells live stock anywhere near me and that is pets at home but they dont sell amano shrimp apparently.

I have seen two places online I can buy amano shrimp but wandered if anyone knows any better, uk btw.

These are the 2 I know:
Tropical fish by post
Aquatics to your door

Also you could try our sponsors...I think it's better to get them from reputable dealer, that way you know they will be top quality. Buying cheap can be false economy.

Thanks for that, no idea why I did not think to look in the sponsors..

Aqua Essentials sell them in various sizes, but were out of stock when I looked last week. Aquarium Gardens also sell them. Both companies that are sponsors and I have had good experiences with.

I use aquarium gardens to buy all my stuff and am shocked I never noticed :banghead:

Looked again, nope cannot find them on aquarium gardens website.

Ok dave at aquarium gardens says they do not currently sell shrimp but will be in about a months time ^^

So there is only 1 pet store that sells live stock anywhere near me and that is pets at home but they dont sell amano shrimp apparently.

I have seen two places online I can buy amano shrimp but wandered if anyone knows any better, uk btw.

These are the 2 I know:
Tropical fish by post
Aquatics to your door

There is a pretty small pets at home near me and they sell amano shrimp but call them yamato shrimp. If yours is anything like the level of knowledge that one has they probably don't realise what they are selling. If they can get them then yours should be able to.

Yeah the first time I phoned I do not think the lady knew what a shrimp was lol

Kesgrave Tropicals stock Amano shrimp and sell online, they have a good reputation from what ive read on various forums

Back