Cheapo eheim double tap connectors

Discussion in 'Filters, Filtration and Pumps' started by Themuleous, 6 Apr 2009.

1. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Nice spot :) might consider some for my little Eheim pro 2222 :)

3. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Im surprised more makers haven't brought a similar thing out, they are very useful. I knew there had to be a cheap alternative!

My only hesitation is that the tubing in the middle part looks to be narrower than the pipe so there might be some flow restriction going through these, but I'll check it out in more detail when mine arrive.

I've got two of the Eheim ones on my powerhead which is the key one for flow, the filter can run a bit slower, it shouldn't really matter on my set up.

Sam

4. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

Guys

Mine work fine and i have no issues as can be seen by the attached pics. I have even attached one to a hose pipe for the purpose of draining of water whilst I am doing my 50% water change.

EheimFilterlayout003.jpg

Procedure:
    1. Switch off the pump.
    2. Close the taps on the shut off valves and split the joint so you have to halves
    3. Attached another shut off valve which is on the hose pipe to the joint you have just split. Making sure that you attached the shut off valve to the water intake pipe from the tank
    4. Open one of the tap and the spend water starts to flow (gravity feed) so easy now.

Regards

Paul

5. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Cool cheers for letting me know :)

Sam