• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheapo needle valve

Progen

4heaFgW.jpg

I got this in January to try and it worked fine for a few months before going crazy on me today which is about exactly 3 months later.

My CO2 starts at around 1600 before lights on at 1700. I went up to take a look at my tank at 1845. Almost every fish and shrimp was either dead or unconscious!!! Damned needle valve had slipped and the bubble rate was crazy!

Considering that my cylinder's a 8kg which still hasn't shown any signs of a pressure drop despite 3 months of fast bubble rates, had I gone on holiday, even the plants could have been gassed to death!

This is how the ads look like.

32f72tn.png

Yeah, floated. Slipped my mind then because I was just beside the tank counting the casualties. Good thing I had a wave maker and an internal filter inside to help with venting excess CO2. Lifted the surface skimmer up to clear the surface for better venting. Also connected an airline to the internal filter to get some air bubbles into the water.

There's probably more casualties which are hidden because the tank's pretty loaded with plants and driftwood but so far I've only found 1 White Cloud Mountain minnow on the floor and a dead neon tetra. A lot of the near dead ones were fine after an hour.

Back