• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheching flow rate

skeletonw00t said:
Hi all,
does anyone know a way to check the flow rate on an ehiem 2236 ecco pro 300!? It's all installed and running and I have cleaned out the media. The thing is I saw it suck up a snail ( from it's shell) as the snail was stuck on the intake pipe. I have checked the piping and can't see a blockage and the flow rate seems ok but I would expect a bit more from a 750 l/hr pump. Should I check the impellor bit in the lid?!

Cheers

According to the attached short cut: 750lph or 200gph

http://eheimcanisterfilter.com/category ... eview-page

The other way of checking is to obtain a large container say 10 litre and time how long it take to fill the container. if it take 1 minute to fill - knowing there are 60 mins per hour - 60 x 10 litres = 600 lph of flow per hour, you will probably find that the 750 lph is when the tanister is empty, once the media has been added the flow rate is reduced - to what degree of reduction in flow rate has been induced by add the media - who knows but the avove test will show this.

Regards
paul.

You can check the flow rate by using the filter to fill a measuring jug up. Time how long it takes, then work it out from there. Most filters are way overrated anyway as they are tested without media or hoses attached. You can expect a drop off of up to 40% when running it with media and hoses.

Back