• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Checking a leaking reg

andy

Hi

I bought a second hand reg a few weeks ago and last week, i hooked it up to a new, 500g CO2 bottle. I set the bubble rate at 1bps using the ladder i had from my DIY kit.

I turned the CO2 off manually at night and on again at about 3.30pm so it was on for about 7 ish hours.

The bottle lasted 5 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would've hoped this might've lasted a bit longer especially at £17 a refill :wideyed: Does anyone have any suggestions / if it's a leaking reg, how can i tell ?

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Fairy liquid and water, applied to the regulator joints, will produce bubbles from the leak, if there is one.

I just posted this on another thread and may (or may not) be of help:

"If you use a peice of 1or 2" cardboard tubing (from inside wrapping paper or kitchen roll for example), place this against your ear and then follow the entire set-up from reg as far as you can get to tank you may be able to hear any leak. Bump up the injection rate and switch off all other equipment temporarily while you do this to black out any other noise."

If you are in a silent room and you are losing that much gas I think you should hear it.

Back