• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Checking chirios algae doctor

I've got a broken chihiros algae doctor I tried cleaning the mesh and now it's stopped working completely , does anyone if you can check them with a multimeter? Does anyone know what voltage they output or what resistance the diffuser should be? I don't want to buy a new mesh to find that something else is faulty. It all still lights up.

I was looking at the Chihiros doctor, but this doesn't inspire much hope!

while I am a happy user of the Chihiros WRGB2, their "doctor" isn't very good... one would have thought that it would be easy to 'copy' the twinstar but evidently not. which makes me wonder - if twinstar is just a 'scam', why is it so hard to make a cheap copy... after all the requirement is just to make plenty of bubbles using electric current. :)

Hi all,
makes me wonder - if twinstar is just a 'scam', why is it so hard to make a cheap copy
I'n agnostic, but there is definitely something you can do about the <"un-natural white colour">.

9287587372_2cf785daf2-jpg.jpg

if twinstar is just a 'scam', why is it so hard to make a cheap copy... after all the requirement is just to make plenty of bubbles using electric current.
We think it is a <"nano-bubble generator">. Assuming it is, the extra expense of the Twinstar maybe to do with the <"composition of the electrodes">.

It is not a product that interests me, but my guess is that it does have some effect, based <"on its effect on mosses">.

cheers Darrel

I believe that the Twinstar reactor is titanium coated and will perform better with hard water and not subject to the 500 TDS warning with Chihiros Doctor as this unit scales quickly it seems. You can clean with a solution of citric acid and DI water but you must never scrub the metal part.

Hi Everyone,

...if twinstar is just a 'scam', why is it so hard to make a cheap copy... after all the requirement is just to make plenty of bubbles using electric current.

If the Twinstar is a bona fide piece of equipment, it will be doing rather more than just making plenty of bubbles. It could, for example, be utilizing some of the principles discussed here:

It may be possible to demonstrate its effectiveness by measuring the Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) or electrical conductivity or even pH of the tank water.

JPC

Back