• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chemistry confusion!

Well it's proved that the Aquascaper is a good as any all in one fertiliser and easy instructions for anyone who prefers to dose that way. Instructions for any high or low energy set up. Probably out of George's hands because EA are just like Seachem ,Dennerle,API any of these hold back information when developing a range of their products. Commercial considerations. George helped develop it. EA sell it

Well it's proved that the Aquascaper is a good as any all in one fertiliser and easy instructions for anyone who prefers to dose that way. Instructions for any high or low energy set up. Probably out of George's hands because EA are just like Seachem ,Dennerle,API any of these hold back information when developing a range of their products. Commercial considerations. George helped develop it. EA sell it
We are just fooling around. Nothing serious.
This said, none of the products you cited withhold 100% of the information due to laws in place. In the calculator we have added products of all those brands (except API).

I was chatting with @dw1305 in the early days of the doing the IFC Calculator when I had cracked the coding for cloning, as I was thinking could they sue me for copyright etc, Darrel did point out that the formulas for making ferts have been around for many many years and the commercial products we can purchase are just a similar to what's been produced before. So its not an issue, plus the IFC is free to use and no profit it made and the information we have used is freely available on the internet.
As for not releasing data of what it contains is IMO to blind side us as if it contains something magical other ferts don't have. Releasing the data of what it contains is transparent and honest IMO and yes a few might clone it, but it will be somewhere between ADA dosing and EI dosing. Plus if we had the data, we could also recommend it as good valve like Nilocg Thrive in the states and TNC complete in the UK after all not everyone wants to make ferts.

I am dosing 0.9ml a day APT EI, so a 500ml bottle goes a long way for me. The fact that the quantity of the macros and the main micros is known is important - I wouldn't want to buy an all-in-one fert that doesn't publish what it contains

Back