Cherry and Crystal Red Shrimp

Discussion in 'Photography' started by LondonDragon, 6 Jul 2008.

1. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Some photos taken yesterday :) Thought I would post these seperatly from the Journal as they came out pretty well I think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

2. LondonDragon

No one likes my reddies :( or my photography lol

3. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

I missed this thread as i wasnt here last weekend.

I like the 1st one, 2nd one a bit blurry

4. a1Matt

a1Matt Member

I do! I tend to lurk more than post, but the pics are definitely appreciated. I have been following your thread about buying shrimp from abroad, interesting stuff, I'm just not quite confident enough with shrimps to put expensive one sin my tank just yet...

5. spaldingaquatics

spaldingaquatics Member

Pics are spot on :D , I tried to take some of my amano shrimp, (I think it's amano, the grey coloured ones) but they've vanished into thin air :( Do shrimp tend to go up the intake of a filter? that's the only explanation I can think of

6. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

Small ones do but adults shouldnt unless it is extremely powerful like the FX5. I find about 10 RCS every month i clean my filter.

7. spaldingaquatics

spaldingaquatics Member

It's a 305, 2 weeks since I've been in it, so they could be there. £2.50 each, that's an expensive fiver to throw into the filter! :(

LD, what camera do you use to get pics of that quality?

8. Matt Holbrook-Bull

Matt Holbrook-Bull Founder

the strainer is so big on the FX5 that adults dont have any issues with it :) my amano's are regularly cleaning the actual strainer fins lol

9. LondonDragon

Aaron its not blurry, just changing the aperture so it just focus the head :p

Its my old Konica-Minolta 5D, need a replacement quick, found out yesterday that the problem I am having with it is a manufacturing fault and it will stop working completly eventually :( Some say Sony will repair them if purchased under 6 years even without a valid warranty so I am going to give that a go, might get the Sony Alpha a700 as a replacement soon anyway, but would be nice to keep my 5D. Lens used was a Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro Lens.

thanks guys :p