• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cherry shrimps near Derby/Burton on Trent/Nottingham

Shop retail prices are ridiculous for these critters that breed so easily. Are there any recommended independent breeders near me? Thanks

Try deans fish shop in derby,

It’s the smallest little shop in the back of deans garden!

I think the last lot of aminos he had in we’re £1.50 each!

He’s currently selling pigmy cory’s for £1.5 when they are £4.95 at Maidenhead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks - I have actually been there to pick up Malawis for my daughter and never thought to check him for shrimps. I will call him when he's open tomorrow. You are right about Maidenhead, they are very expensive, especially for shrimps!

very expensive, especially for shrimps!
Depending on source, they may be paying a premium for shrimp - and other livestock

Alternate shops that sell a few aquarium supplies and livestock, often don’t “require” what is just a small sideline to pay shop overhead (employee wages, benefits, building lease, taxes, operating insurance, etc etc), rather it just needs to not operate “in the red”

Whilst I am aware of issues in your comments and do agree with them, I can add more. From a conversation with a staff member at a Maidenhead outlet I found that company policy prohibits the franchisees from buying livestock locally from local breeders/hobbyists customers (cash or exchange for other livestock). He inferred he'd be happy to do so if allowed.

Back