• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros A-Series, A601. 5800lm!!

Thanks Martin, Just awaiting upon its arrival now. Avoid the above mentioned ebayer at all costs. My 5 day delivery has gone to "out of stock and 10-15 days" wait time! . Might just open a paypal case and go for the Evo beamswork I was looking at.

I ran this light for a while, it's got good power, is dimmable, looks smart, seems well made aside the dinner looks like an after thought. My only real niggle is the colour temp which I find a bit white, I like it warmer which also helps reds pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers chaps, you have instilled more confidence in my purchase. Up until now i have been making do with LED floods which definitely have a cool white flavour.

Have you used it in any of your journals Iain or Nelson? Seeing end results would be interesting.

Just what i was looking for, and that's the 2nd lowest setting! so in effect the 2 denominates double strips. With a dry start do you think i can just leave at full whack until i flood the tank? How is the heat after it has been on a while? thanks

and that's the 2nd lowest setting! so in effect the 2 denominates double strips.
Yes and yes.Doesn't get very hot either.
Never tried dry start,so don't really know.
It is a lot of light.The A series might be better,and cheaper.There's also other light options out there ;).

Well it arrived today and is pretty sleek for the actual cost. Output is massive. The supplied dimmer works well until you get below 50%. After that it starts flickering slightly. But pretty happy. Cheers chaps for the advice.

More than enough. I've turned it down a few notches as its to bright and washes out the colours as previously mentioned by nelson. Not bad for the price but I'm gonna add a strip of red less to bring back the colour.

Last edited:
How are you getting on with this unit? Even though I have a TMC Tile which set me back hundreds I've decided to get one of these because I'm hoping you get better tank coverage. That reaches the corners.

Admittedly I did buy this one by mistake, I actually wanted the 602 but hey ho. You can't go wrong for this price... I hope

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Its done well for me on my ghetto tank. iphone pic but gives an idea.
WHwY.png

That green reflection on the ceiling is that from the plants?? :) Looks cool.. :cool:

Thanks chaps, the green is from the HC, Its a few months on from this now but the light seems to be just right for this tank.

Back