• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros A Series Plus

BarryH

Does anyone know if the Chiros A Series Plus light units are still available at all? I've searched the usual places but found nothing. I want to start a new Scapers tank and I like to keep all the tanks looking uniform if at all possible.

What's the difference between A series and A series plus?

I ask, as I have I have a 30, 45 and 60cm gathering dust, but they're not Plus.

The short answer to that is, I'm not sure. I know they look a little different but as far as the output and functions go, I couldn't really say. I do remember there was a lot of talk about the Plus series when they first came out and most of it was good.

I have used the 30cm and 60 cm version s of Chihiros A series. They have only white leds so not great to showcase the reds in a tank. I guess the plus is RGB?

The short answer to that is, I'm not sure. I know they look a little different but as far as the output and functions go, I couldn't really say. I do remember there was a lot of talk about the Plus series when they first came out and most of it was good.
I think the + series is just a wider light with a few more leds.

If you decide to sell the 45 let me know :)

Hmm there is a "a plus" in all white diodes apparently..

chA.JPG

May not be made anymore..
Which size (length) btw.

Hi BarryH,
The difference between Chihiros Series A and A plus is, A series is 6 cm wide and A plus is 10 cm wide. In A series are three rows of diod stripes and in A plus series are five. Both models based on white 8000K led diodes.
I have two Chihiros A 601 plus lamps, which one was never used. Also I have two Chihiros RGB 60 used for short period of time ~3 months. Also I have DIY lamp based on 1W power led 8500, 6500 and FS 700x300mm, with Bluetooth controller, used for about 6 months.

Brilliant, thanks for all the help in identifying the differences in the A and A Plus series. If anyone knows where the A Plus lights are still on sale, it would be great if you could please let me know.

The 40cm one please. I have a number of Dennerle Scapers 35 tanks and they fit those really well.
Atm I don't see rhe "white" A Plus being available.
With the new rgb version I'm not sure it will be manuf any more.
I'd check the used market.

Back