• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros A601 help

Cheltster

I have one of the above on a 60x38x30 and currently have it at the second lowest setting on a low tech. Problem is my rotala is getting covered in BGA. All the other plants are fine. I'm dosing my tank up to EI levels and keeping it aerated to provide as close to equilibrium levels of gases. So the only variable left to tinker with is the light. Just wondered what setting other users had it on a low tech. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

If the light is only on its second lowest setting, I would say it is more likely the excess ferts you are dosing. Is there a reason you are dosing EI levels in a low light, non co2 tank? General advice is to dose only small amounts weekly or as needed (many get away with no ferts in low tech setups with fish.

The BGA was there before I started dosing. I read on here that low nitrates can cause it. Certainly not got any worse since I started dosing. Thought ferts didn't cause algae?

Back