• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros Aquasky vs Chihiros series

DavidW

Do both the Chihiros LED models use the same LEDs? I'm starting up a 55 litre tank and am unsure which would be best. Some of the plants I want to grow require the equivalent of 1w per litre. The 40cm Aquasky has less power the the A series but it's more expensive.

What would be best?

Thanks

Get two of the A series. Not sure whether there is much comparative data on them.

Hi all

I own a Chihiros AquaSky LED fixture, a nice piece of equipment that I have been using now for +1 year without any problem. Curiously when I bought it, the A series was cheaper but also less powerful and slightly different in the design compared to the current A model. Some days ago, I was amazed to see that the A series keeps on being cheaper than AquaSky series but that the output is now higher.

Jordi

A series keeps on being cheaper than AquaSky series but that the output is now higher.
This confused me too, that's why I was wondering if the LEDs or PAR was different. I do like the look of the Aquasky thought. Have you tried growing plants which require 1w+ a litre like Glossostigma Elatinoides or Hemianthus Callitrichoides 'Cuba'?

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to go with the A Series, it's more powerful has a dimmer and is only £33. I think this will be much better than the aqua one nano light that cam with the 55 litre tank :)

Just heard back from the manufacturer. They do use the same LEDs the main difference in cost is down to the stand. The Aquasky has a more high end stand so is more expensive although the A Series is brighter.

Just heard back from the manufacturer. They do use the same LEDs the main difference in cost is down to the stand. The Aquasky has a more high end stand so is more expensive although the A Series is brighter.

Wondered if this was the case... glad you've decided on a light. Look forward to a journal. I've this tank myself & hope to set it up after Christmas. What filter are you hoping to use?

What filter are you hoping to use
I got the tank second hand and the previous owner had taken out the internal filter and was using a Aqua One Aquis 500 external filter in it's place so I'm going to use that I did toy with the idea of using the jbl e1501 I have but that would be serious overkill :).

I like how aqua one state two values for their flow rate, operating (350) & maximum (500). The JBL is very attractive also. Depends on your fauna plans I guess? The included spray bar is a bonus.

I have the Chihiros Aquasky 452. After just four hours of having one of the two panels on, the heatsink is too hot to hold my fingers on for more than 5 seconds. I'm thinking of getting a small fan to point at the heatsinks for summer...

I have the Chihiros Aquasky 452. After just four hours of having one of the two panels on, the heatsink is too hot to hold my fingers on for more than 5 seconds. I'm thinking of getting a small fan to point at the heatsinks for summer...

My 361 gets hot after some hours but you can perfectly handle it. Maybe other users can help you but I think the larger the light is the hotter it will get with this model as in your case you have the double of led (compared to mine) but the heatsink surface is not increased proportionally.

Jordi

Just bought a 401 thanks to this thread, may be a LITTLE bit overkill for my low tech tank but will use the dimmer :p

Back