• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros C2 RGB

Aqua360

Hi all

Looking at upgrading my nano from the flexi mini led, to chihiros c2 rgb,

mainly to take advantage of the programmable gradual dimming etc, and also to explore the rgb side of things.

What i'm debating though is the power to use the C2 at, i currently run the Flexi Mini for 7 hours per day, no ramping options so its at full power (9w).

Meanwhile I think the Chihiros is 20w...it can't be as simple as setting the chihiros to 50% power for equivalent time, but in the absence of a PAR metre, can't think of a better alternative.

Ideally i'd like the light on for longer, perhaps a 10 hour photoperiod with a 2 hour ramp either way to enjoy the tank for longer.

Opinions welcome!

The C2 is a surprisingly powerful little light - 1580 lumens. What size tank are you putting it on?

I had in previously on a 20 litre shrimp tank with epiphytes (Buce and anubias) plus some moss and loads of floaters, and reduced its output to around 10% with a 14 hour photo period plus 1/2 hour ramps, and a 2 hour moon light period with 1% on blue (I had fry in the tank so wanted to be able to keep an eye on them)

I now have it strapped to a 60 x 40 x 40 with similar plants, and its lighting that well enough at about 70%, with the same photo period. I possibly wouldn't use it on that size tank for growing fast growing stem plants with higher light requirement (mainly because of light spread), but for less demanding plants it working fine.

I have it on a Dennerle Nanocube 30 set to about 50%, 6 hour photoperiod plus 1 hour ramps. It can easily grow a carpet plant like HC Cuba and other light demanding plants.
I really like that I can change the light spectrum through the app. All in all, I'm happy with the light.

Masses of power then - I would have thought 50% would have been on the high side.
Yeah, I think it's probably going to just be a case of experimenting, it's been established a while and runs co2, but I probably can't see it being higher than 40-50% based on stuff I'm reading, especially if going for hopefully longer light period than already on.

Back