• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chilli Raspora

Manrock

I've been trying to get a shoal of these beautiful fish (Boraras brigittae) for some time, without success.

chilliraspora_zps55d96b93.jpg

I've put an order in with my local MH aquatics shop but they say that they can only get them in batches of 2000. They also say that they are often supplied as a similar species that does not colour up as it matures (it's a brown variant). Does anyone know of a supplier or hobbiest in the UK who could get me a decent shoal?

Cheers

where are you based? I am pretty sure my local MH aquatics standish/parbold had a big stock of them last week

eBay....kesgrave tropicals normally have them, MA @st albans are pretty good, further north you could ferrybridge aquatics and I have seen them in pier before.

Cheers - I've checked out Kesgrave and they have them. I'll get them nearer Easter.

Thanks

6 of these little beauties for £5 in my local MA. That's the cheapest I've ever seen them.

So thanks for all the advise. My order from Kesgrave arrived yesterday (only one casualty) and so I acclimatised the remaining 19 in the bag and after a few hours I released them into my tank. That was the last I saw of them! Are they going to appear when they bulk up a bit? I assumed they would be like my green microrasporas and be free surface swimmers, always out in the open. Anyone have these fish in a more mature state?

Cheers

They are a little skittish to begin with, shame you were not looking for the other ones, I have plenty of them.

Back