• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chocolate gourami

aaronnorth said:
you still need to remineralise it. Pure RO isnt good for any fish or plants.

My fish haven't seemed to mind. I put some GH booster in for my planted tanks though as the plants need those minerals.

People keep koi ponds at a TDS of 30-40 Sam so your chocolate gouramis won't mind. Koi keepers even make sure that most of that 40ppm is made up from KH, which you won't need so your water will be even less 'pure' than their's in some way! If you add peat or any ferts to the water the TDS soon shoots up, even food adds to it!

I am surprised your output water has such a high TDS though from the membrane. Mine comes out with an undetectable TDS, with no DI stage. What's your input water like?

Right cheers for the info Ed :) I've had a bit of a rethink, was gonna just have choc's in the tank but the green neons currently in there look pretty good so may need a bit more TDS anyway. Hell the Choc are currently in a mid hardness tank and are doing great. Will see.

My tap is from the Thames region so it pretty hard at 280ish TDS.

Sam

Back